Search This Blog

Sunday, May 14, 2017

#7 Things just got real...

Well we did it!  The house is finally on the market.  While we wait we will still purge and pack.  But for now it's mostly a waiting game.  I find myself getting impatient.  As each day passes I look more and more forward to this new chapter in our lives.  Funny how important possessions really aren't all that important any more.  We just wanna get this show on the road.

It's a little bittersweet since once again this was going to be our forever home.  I hadn't quite finished putting my touch on this place, but that's okay.  I'll get over it.  Now the whole U S of A will be our home.  But in the meantime we wait.  Some say the house will go fast.  Others say it will take awhile.  Either way is fine with us.  If it takes awhile, we will have an easy time packing and purging.  If it goes fast, that's ok too.  The move out will be a bit more stressful but worth it because we will be on the road sooner.

Now LJs kicking around getting a motorcycle to take with us instead of the atv.  I'm ok either way.  The motorcycle will be used more and he can always rent an atv for those few rides.  Funny how things change as you go along.  Heck, we haven't even figured out which trailer will be home yet.  My thought was it doesn't matter.  I'm ok with being truly homeless.  That's what friends, family and hotels are for.  We can always live in our current trailer, if it hasn't sold, until we find the right one.  Don't want to make the wrong decision since this will be our home for at least two years, so patience is the key...as long as it doesn't become procrastination.

The bad thing about selling our place is you have to keep it spotless.  I'm ok with that, except I'm married to the adult version of Pigpen.  It's like he leaves a trail in case he gets lost.  And he doesn't do it on purpose.  He is just who he is.  For example.  Ask any of his friends...when he gets done eating I swear there is more food on the table and floor than he actually ate.  Ok...I exaggerate but not much.  It's not so much food as it is salt, pepper and crumbs.  And I have watched to see why.  Can't figure it out.  It's like it just appears.  It's no wonder he uses so much salt and pepper.  Ninety percent doesn't make it to the food.  Of course he says it's because I don't season anything.  And sadly he's right.  He didn't marry me for my cooking, lol, hence the sign over our stove.  But when I do, he does need copious amounts of seasoning because I prefer bland.  Then there's clothes and shoes.  Is it possible you can hang that up?  Yes I know you are going to need it in five minutes but the tour might come through.  Did you make the bed?  You were the last one up.  Clean up the shower?  You were the last one in it.  Put your dishes in the dishwasher? Did you, would you, could you?  Pooooor LJ.  He hates this part, lol.

And then there's Scooter.  Love that dog.  He's very smart but refuses to put his toys away.  He leaves them strategically placed throughout the house in case I walk by and want to stop and play.  Damn dog.  And he likes to lay on the decorative pillow in his room, which squishes it down.  I have to remember to fluff it when we are rushing out the door so potential buyers won't be turned off.  Because, you know, a slightly squished throw pillow will sway a buyer.

And then there's me.  The cleanup nazi.  Don't leave that there! The dish towel has to be on the counter a certain way...Over the sink, angled slightly.  Yes I'm serious.  Who moved that pillow?   The throw must be on the chair perfectly placed.  New rules.  Shower time and bathroom breaks are before 8:30am and after 7pm because there might be a tour group.  Crap!  Showing in 4 hours.  Hurry! Must vacuum, mop, dust, wipe everything down, fluff and stuff before we leave.  Yes I know we just did that this morning.  I can't help it.  I'm my mother's daughter.

Fortunately this isn't the first house we've sold so our marriage should survive.  LJs used to it.  But I'm thinking it's gonna be a bit stressful while waiting for this thing to sell.  Blame that on me.
But then.....FREEDOM and the open road.

No comments:

Post a Comment