Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

#9 Finally Some Progress!

I was beginning to wonder if we would ever make a step forward to begin this journey of ours.  Well, finally we have.

Bye Bye Fuzion
LJ sold the toy hauler yesterday so Yippee skippy!  Cash is in the bank! That's one major thing down.  Now we can actively look for our new home on wheels.  I think we have altered our plans.  We originally were going to get another toy hauler, but LJ thinks we should get a regular fifth wheel instead.  As he puts it...we are going to be living in this thing and he only goes atv riding a few weeks out of the year.  So, it makes sense to live comfortably the rest of the time.  He will make the sacrifice and either skip an atv trip or simply go out of his way to pick it up.  He's also considering connecting a dbl hitched trailer to the rear of the fifth wheel to pull his atv.  Who knows..it's a guy thing.  It does dictate what kind of fifth wheel we buy, though.  I'll do the inside thing.  He can worry about the other stuff. It's not like we have anything else to do, lol.  After perusing a few regular fifth wheels, I have to say it would be very hard for him to convince me to buy a toy hauler.  After all, a princess needs her castle to be pretty lol.

Still no action on the sticks and bricks, but I think when we bring the price down it will go quickly.  I just have to convince the world (meaning our agent and LJ) that it's too high.  Although everyone keeps telling me to be patient.  It's not too high.  I just wanna get on the road.

This weekend was the community garage sale.  I filled up the driveway with all the stuff I need to get rid of, well not decor stuff.  House still has to show.   I figured I'd sell each item for $1...no matter what it cost, lol.  That way it alllll goes.  And it did.  Only a small amount went to charity.  ALLLL my excess Christmas stuff I had to let go.  A friend and a neighbor pretty much cleaned me out of all of my holiday decor.  I'm glad.  Means it's going to a good home.  I also sold all my little beanie babies to the neighbor, who's a teacher.  I gave her a great deal.  She plans on giving them as rewards to her kindergarten kids.  I always gave a grandkid one when they came to visit.  It's why I had so many.  But, alas, they have all outgrown them.  But knowing some kid gets to earn one puts a smile on my face!  I still have "collectable" ones, in cases, meaning oh crap, what do I do with these.  They really aren't worth much, but they are collectibles.   I wonder where you can donate the good bears to?  It's amazing how much ridiculous stuff I have (working on had).

Irony of ironies.... garage sale over...close garage door...garage door spring breaks, so half the money earned at the garage sale goes to fix the garage door.   Ya can't make this up, lol.

But I digress...

So...... ATV side by side... sold
           ATV trailer............. sold
           Fuzion trailer..........sold
           40 years of crap......sold

Still to go....... HOUSE....the biggest and most important of all.  So while progress is made... we wait.

In the mean time, we get to go trailer shopping!  And y'all know how I love to shop!
       


No comments:

Post a Comment